About Me

Salt Lake City, Utah
As an accredited genealogist for over 24 years, I can assist you with tracing your ancestry or I can conduct specific searches at your request. I am also an expert in heir searching. I work hard to help you find what you are seeking and my rates are very competitive. My research specialty is the Eastern United States, but I am proficient at researching the entire United States and am successful at solving difficult research problems. I am particularly fond of researching Norway and Sweden. I am also very experienced in researching England, Ireland, Denmark, the Netherlands, Germany, and Scotland. Consultation services are available by request.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Passport Applications

Were your ancestors immigrants or did they travel outside the United States?  If so, you may be able to locate them in the U.S. Passport Applications.  These are fantastic records that provide a great deal of information.  They usually provide a date and place of birth, place of residence, and often include a photo of the applicant.  They also can show their destination, purpose of the trip, and traveling companions.  These records help to discover more about the life of your ancestor, going beyond just the basic name and date of birth.  These records are available at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah from 1795 to 1925 with the best records being those in the 1900's. 

3 comments:

  1. Hello Susan Glenn. My Revels Ancestry is very tough to trace. I know for sure 100 Percent my great great grandfather is John Hardy Revels born in Hamilton County, FL in 1864. He was the first to Own a Car in Lake City. His Parents are Henry Revels born 1834 in Lowndes County, GA His mother is Penelope L. Green born 1838 GA or FL We can't find her parents anywhere. Henry Revels Parents are Jeremiah Revels and Keziah Tucker. Also they had William E. Revels and Kizie and Edmund Revels. My email is mryj01@yahoo.com Would love to find a professional that could help me out. The Court House in Lowndes County, GA Got burn down twice. I am sure Jeremiah is his father cause he was the only Revels in Lowndes County, GA in 1834 - 1840 Jeremiah Was murder in 1841. My name is Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan,

      My Name is George THOMAS and I live in New Zealand. I have been doing family research for many years and of recent have discovered some extremely important information concerning what is believed the identification of whom is said to be my late father’s brother born in England, U.K. in 1892 of my late father, born three years later in 1895 also in the same area. I will indeed be grateful if you would please let me know whether you are able to help me. My email address: aucklandnzuk@gmail.com.
      P.S. my friends email address: kunal.nadan@gmail.com.

      Thanking you in anticipation,
      George THOMAS

      Delete